RidinSoLow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RidinSoLowRidinSoLow  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just out of interest....

Go down 
+2
AndyK
Kablam
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Just out of interest.... Empty
PostSubject: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Just out of interest, has anyone ever been caught by the average speed cameras on the A14?
I personally have seen quite a few people flying up the A14, yet never heard of anyone getting caught...

I remember coming on the A14 from Spittles, forgetting where I was, and driving about 80mph for a good 2 miles... never heard anything though.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Kablam
Occasional Poster
Kablam

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:09 am

I travel at between (indicated) 75-80 mph. So yeah if you're sat at 70mph it could seem like I'm moving fast, also if held up by lorries I'll put my foot down a bit more. Average speed means you can without being caught.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Alltorquemag.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah I guess, I understand what it means, though I've heard of a few people speeding down it, and never getting caught. I was just wandering if anyone had!
You must get some allowance on the speed then, I take it if your averaging at 75mph, you can still avoid a ticket?
Back to top Go down
AndyK
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:13 pm

There linked in pairs for a start.

Spittles to Godmanchester for example, so between Godmanchester and St.Ives you can go as quick as you like, then St.Ives is linked with Swaversey, between Swaversey and Bar Hill speed as much as you like, then Bar Hill is linked to the last one at the Cambridge split.

I know people who either way travel along there at over 90mph daily and have done for 'x' years and never had anything.

Depends on whether you want to chance it or not, who knows maybe there not active at all but the day you speed they decide to turn them on.
Back to top Go down
NickRudd
Infrequent Poster
NickRudd

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Also remember what your speed said isnt actually your speed they also allow for 10% speed so if your going at 80 your prob actually going at about 75
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/nickrudd90

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:48 pm

I still wouldnt risk it!
10% of 80 would be 8 nick, so that'd be 72mph. Very Happy

Last edited by Victoria on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lwigmore
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Nick got owned Razz, When i drove to cambridge on monday night, i just sat at 70,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm

good boy wiggy Smile i also sit at 70 Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I sit at 150! because im cool!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/scootjones
lwigmore
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Jonesy wrote:
I sit at 150! because im cool!

Come back when your car can do 150 Razz
Back to top Go down
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 am

i speed when i go cambs, sometimes 90+ and never have got anything ever. might be lucky though? but i havent heard of anyone else getting anything
Back to top Go down
AndyK
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Same as you Alec friends I know do on a daily basis and nothing, but if one day they flick a switch I can't afford to lose my license.
Back to top Go down
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm trying to find a link to post up. I read somewhere that average speed cameras were first put up by all the major exits of the country. I.E Airports, train stations and docks so can see whos entering and exiting for things like drugs and stuff. But the excuse for being there was speed so now they put them up on other main roads to keep speeds down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just out of interest....   Just out of interest.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just out of interest....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RidinSoLow :: Car Chat :: General Car Chat-
Jump to: