RidinSoLow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RidinSoLowRidinSoLow  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

dwyb, bit of advice?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andy
Virgin

dwyb, bit of advice? Empty
PostSubject: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:04 am

im off to pod this saturday for a drift day Smile

has anyone done one there before?

also, what pressure is best for skid tyres? one would have thought that if they're hard its better right?
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Infrequent Poster
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 pm

how much power have you got? What diff and whats it like? What size wheels and tyres are you running?

Pod is good they normally have lots of different areas you can have a go at and the ground isnt as harsh as some concrete places.
Back to top Go down
lwigmore
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Don't think he'll reply in time, he's running just over 300bhp, pretty sure diff is standard but not 100% sure, 18" 350z alloys, no idea what tyres he's got.

Back to top Go down
Tiz
Infrequent Poster
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:50 pm

plenty to have some good fun then. I take it hes got more than 1 set surely? and a different set of fronts cause you'll eat those. With 300bhp you should go through a fair amount of tyres in a good day unless your gonna be a fairy with it.

Just run them around 40psi will be plenty without over inflating them cause they just dont last then.
Back to top Go down
andy
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 pm

yep, 300ish bhp

proper lsd so she locks the rears together easy

205/55/16 on the day, im taking 8 tyres with me, they forcast rain for the weekend so that'll put less strain on the car etc

yea ill try 40 psi cheers Smile

at pod theyve got different areas yea, tuition too which willl be usefull Razz

i cant wait tbh Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Infrequent Poster
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:17 pm

cool if its raining you probably will only do 1 set and have a more fun cause it will be so much easier. The only proper LSD is a welded Razz haha i dont get on well with slip diffs i dont like the unpredictability unless your spending poo loads on a 2 way a welder its loads better.

But yeah you should have some good fun. Im half considering buying something more capable to put more effort into it next year or just specing my 300c up and dropping another engine in to be a bit different.
Back to top Go down
andy
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Yea I know about welded diffs, i'd like one just for skidding, but not every day Smile

Well looking forward to it now, I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Tiz
Infrequent Poster
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:47 pm

theres nothing wrong with them every day you wuss Razz how did you get on then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dwyb, bit of advice?   dwyb, bit of advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

dwyb, bit of advice?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RidinSoLow :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: