RidinSoLow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RidinSoLowRidinSoLow  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview tips..

Go down 
+2
NickRudd
Jonesy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Ive got a job interview tomorrow, it'll be my first interview as my previous jobs just sort of hired me without any questions lol..
and tips so i dont balls up? im pretty nervous!
thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Jonesy

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Just get your tats out??
Thats how you trick me =[
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/scootjones

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 pm

so flash my foot and my neck, thanks babe!
Back to top Go down
NickRudd
Infrequent Poster
NickRudd

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah, Turn up earlier, Look Smart, Ask Questions look intrested, Lean towards the interview with an open posture NEVER CROSS YOUR ARMS!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/nickrudd90

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm

im just worried about the questions like: 'tell me about yourself?' ....
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Jonesy

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Victoria wrote:
so flash my foot and my neck, thanks babe!

Tats means boobies babe.. lol
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:05 pm

tats means tattoos. ive never heard of it meaning boobies. you make up words scott.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Jonesy

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:12 pm

If you'd ever watched Bo' Selecta! you would have known!
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:12 pm

go away scott! your not helping me!
Back to top Go down
NickRudd
Infrequent Poster
NickRudd

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Literly tell about what you do with your time and don't talk to much about how much you hate your past jobs or past experiences at work they dont like that to much unless they ask you (:
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/nickrudd90
Kablam
Occasional Poster
Kablam

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:59 am

I always ask at the end if they have any concerns, its a good question as if they do pull out any flaws with you you can either correct them, or don't have to worry.

Always shake hands when you greet people, dress smart, peoples first impressions are strong, and be confident in what you say.

Finally when asking questions don't ramble on to long, but equally don't just give one word answers, I find 1 sentence will answer most basic questions, making up the answer and why you have that answer. If its a question about a past experience again, the example, and why it's an example.

Keeps everything clear and easy in the interviewers mind.

whats the job?

good luck btw!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Alltorquemag.co.uk
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:25 am

Smile, speak clearly, always think of questions to ask them and not the basic ones like uniform or wages or lunch breaks. Ask something clever about the company/position or where they think you could be in 3 years time or something.

Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm

okay had the interview...
i think it went very well, they seemed very keen. was a bit scary at first as i had it with the head of finance, and 2 of the companys directors.

its an accounts assistant role as im training in accounts at the moment. the companys growth means the re-designing the accounts system which il be helping with. it sounds exciting.

obviously there interviewing other candidates, and l find out if i have the job around 2pm today... will keep you updated!
thankyou for the help Smile

x
Back to top Go down
Rigamortiz
Infrequent Poster
Rigamortiz

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Sooooo?
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:41 pm

they didnt ring until 5pm and by that time i was at work, so ive got to call them back tomorrow! :S
Back to top Go down
Kablam
Occasional Poster
Kablam

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 am

Hope its good news!
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 am

Rang them back, I have a second interview on tuesday! so its going to go on a little longer than expected, will keep you updated! x
Back to top Go down
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah i was thinking they wouldn't ask you to ring back if it was bad news as they coulld just leave you a message saying your poo. Lol.

Good luck anyway Smile
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I got the job everyone Smile
Ta for the help!!
Back to top Go down
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:15 pm

Well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kablam
Occasional Poster
Kablam

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 pm

What happened to the second interview?
Back to top Go down

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Im not sure! I rang them back this morning at 8.30am and they told me about the second interview, and then at 11am, I got another call telling me I had it...

I start on Monday, though Il be doing slightly shorter days whilst I work off my week notice from my evening job, which means next week, I'll be working 9am-4pm and then 5pm-8pm, which will actually kill me!

Oh well! Im happy Smile

Back to top Go down
Handlez
Handlez

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Well done vic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ridinsolow.co.uk
MilkyBarKid
Occasional Poster

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 pm

I do 9am - 10/11pm some days and fridays 9am till 3am so ssshhhh Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interview tips.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview tips..   Interview tips.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview tips..
Page 1 of 1