RidinSoLowRidinSoLow  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Want to become an RSL promo girl?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:08 pm

What didn't you enjoy about it? =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/scootjones
chloe
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:25 pm

i think it was just the group of girls i did it with bsides jess n niki the others were realli bitchy and controlling.lol.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lotty
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:08 am

I feel offended

Last edited by lotty on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lwigmore
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 am

I think she means about the whole group being bitchy, not just you personally lotty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraig
Infrequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:15 am

lol oh dear
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndyK
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 am

'IF' I was....

Good Looking & Female I don't think I'd enjoy walking around handing out leaflets for free in next to nothing on a cold day.

As is it... I'm neither and therefore I get the privilege of not handing out leaflets, wearing warm clothes and looking at the women in next to nothing...

anyway back on topic Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cosbey
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:35 pm

I have a feeling this is going to be the best page on the site Razz x
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:25 pm

heres an idea, how about no promo girls? they dont do alot anyway, clubs doing well without them. we dont even have any and people are already offended.

i mean think of the clubs you know.... do the promo girls make it anymore successful? or have any positive effect? no.

just a suggestion.

any sorry to anyones thats offended, but i dont give a poop Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Haha tbh i agree Smile

Plus they will just draw attention away from the cars Smile
But yeah we dont NEED them yet anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Natalie..x
Infrequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:17 pm

keep me up to date with this as i have a few girlies that are interested.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handlez

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:43 pm

We don't NEED promo girls but it's just nice to have some. I suppose it's just tradition in the car scene, boys love cars and girls... simple.

To be honest I do think good looking girls do help the club and promote it in a good way. While some clubs do not have girls to everyones taste, I can think of a lot of clubs that have stunning girls which, in my opinion, do draw people over to the stand and club in general.

Good looking girls can promote the club in many ways. Handing out fliers, even just standing around the stand to bring people over. Having photo's taken with people and their cars is always a good thing because when they're home and looking through the photos and come across our girls with the 'RidinSoLow' logo on their clothing, people are going to want to check us out.

I don't think we've offended anyone in anyway what so ever :/

Besides, show seasons over now and the first show isn't until March next year. We're not rushing into anything.

RidinSoLow Hoodies! Get yours now! RidinSoLow Stickers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ridinsolow.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm

i never said the club had offended anyone, i was referring to a previous post.

Back to top Go down
AndyK
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Question is, how many sites have you joined through flyers? me personally none.

I join because I saw 'said' stand at a show, or I've seen the forum advertised elsewhere or in a magazine.

To promo you need outfits and handouts be it flyers or business cards something with the website addy.

Your better off investing that money into things for your club, stands, a BBQ anything. Things that make 'your' stand better for yourself but also what others will see as... poo that stand looks a laugh! wouldn't mind being on that looks like a good laugh.

Truth be told the only reason for Promo girls is for guys to ogle at good looking lasses it doesn't bring members in though and 95% of them at shows are so ugly as kids there parents probably had to tie muffins around there neck to get the dog to play with them

That said if girls want to feel they're doing something to benefit the club then I think thats also a good thing on there own accord.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndyK
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Fair point Handlez made about good looking girls posing on cars in advertising gear thats certainly a good free way of promotion that does work.

You just need to tread the fine line that some sites have taken and failed on where you have to define what is classed as a good looking girl and not.

Fortunately this site is blessed with attractive ladies so it's not an issue at present but if in the future the site grows as it wants then your going to have to expect some that believe there supermodels when clearly there not and want to be promo girls which at what point do you say sorry you can't your to ugly? lol

You end up outcasting members and thats when things start to go backwards.

I remember all these debates when I helped get Borocruisers up and running back in 2003.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handlez

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah, it might not be the best way of promoting but at the end of the day it can't do any harm? Personally I can source outfits and fliers at next to nothing.

The girls are up for it and actually WANT to do it. Lads at car shows want to see girls. And if we get a few members join from it then happy days.

Back to top Go down
Handlez

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:57 pm

And Andy, trust me, we'll have good looking girls lol. Once we've got a team together that will be that. We won't be taking anyone else on unless we need them. So therefore no one will get turned down as we'll just say 'sorry, we have enough at the moment'.

Back to top Go down
Natalie..x
Infrequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:01 pm

alright mr opinionated Smile

i do agree tho. although it is rather sad (only my opinion) some guys do get drawn over to stands by the girls and not necessarily the cars.

so i guess the girls do help...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm

I dont think you can group all lads as 'wanting to only see cars and girls' lol. To be perfectly honest, most of the car shows I've been too, the crowds are usually around some big old gadget car or whatever, than any of the clubs promo girls.
Just saying we'll have promo girls because thats what men want, is a bit too generalised, as its not strictly true.

I agree with everything Andy just said. I suppose theirs two sides to everything. All I saying is the club already has a good image, and their are better ways to build on that. I personally agree that more people are drawn to the stand etc.

Having promo girls does have potential to cause issues, and its something that would have to be carried out carefully, especially as any budding promo girl who's read this thread and then gets told 'sorry we have enough at the moment', is now aware of what that means!

I'm not saying definately don't have any, I just don't think they'll have a huge positive effect on the club.
Back to top Go down
AndyK
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm

I agree no harm in it, as previously said if the girls want to do it then let them at there own accord.

I know you've good looking girls on the site but in the future they're not all going to be thats where you need to be careful with how you sort of decide on things but if your going the route of 'this is our team' than thats the best way as it won't upset anyone in the future.

I agree with both of you above.

Dan for the girls attractive guys to a stand, human nature, any non-retarded red blooded male sees a good looking girl he's interested it's fact of life

Natalie for her thinking it's sad. It's true it's sad guys come to a stand because of good looking girls and not the cars but meh we're men were simple Laughing

The fact you can get handouts made on the cheap is more of a reason to certainly give it a go, but remember the old vein of clubs like Borocruisers, Maxx'd and Street-Legal none of these had Promo Girls these were the 3 sites that used to walk away with all the trophies. I was with SL when we won £5,000 for best stand at Donny when things used to be really massive in the scene.

100% agree with Victoria there is 2 side.

End of the day my opinion and it's only mine is that if the girls want to then thats a good enough reason. A club is about letting everyone do there bit and thats great.

Seems your going about it the right way anyway with the whole discussion and 'team'. Flyers on the cheap if it doesn't work or seems pointless then give it a miss at later shows but guess till you try and see then you won't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natalie..x
Infrequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:42 pm

if i wanted to be a promo model and came to have a browse on this page i would probably be put off now haa x
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:47 pm

lol natalie!
i think honestly theres good side to having them and a good side to not. will have to see how things play out Smile
Back to top Go down
Kablam
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm very much of the opinion that a good promo team will add to a club, getting photos in magazines and the clubs name all over the shop. That's the idea. But it has to be done right or not at all.

Equally a club can and will succeed without promo girls. This was CMMOC's first year with a promo team, before that there was nothing and you can't argue that it's built up a good core membership without the aid of skimpily clad girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Alltorquemag.co.uk
curly
Virgin

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:03 pm

i think promo girls are a gr8 idea Very Happy and i know natalie has some pritty girls lined up for it and i think jodie should b one shes gurjus Smile good looking girls and done up cars are wat boys want x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Well not many people have come forward to say they want to yet and we arnt in any rush.
So if people want to do it then they need to join up and introduce them selfs Smile
Back to top Go down
Natalie..x
Infrequent Poster

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:19 pm

dan asked me to ask some girls about being promos so i did and a few are really interested.
so instead of getting them to sign up on here and everyone give their opinion of either yes or no instead i showed their piks to dan so he cud give his opinion.
thought it wud be alot nicer than for them to put up their piks and for people to say no as they have different tastes.
obviously once dan approves i will try and get them top sign up on here and introduce themselves to you all!

Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to become an RSL promo girl?   

Back to top Go down

Want to become an RSL promo girl?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RidinSoLow :: RidinSoLow :: Promo Girls-
Jump to: